Wednesday, May 3, 2017

My Nintendo News: Breath Of The Wild Actress Had British Friend Help Her Practice Zelda’s Voice

My Nintendo News
Nintendo Switch news 
thumbnail Breath Of The Wild Actress Had British Friend Help Her Practice Zelda's Voice
May 3rd 2017, 14:14, by Josh

Despite being from Canada, Patricia Summersett chose to audition as Breath of the Wild’s Princess Zelda using a British accent. In a recent interview with Nintendo Life, Summersett discussed how she settled on the voice and the help she received from a friend in the U.K. While she has received a mixed reaction from fans, the actress obviously put in a lot of effort into capturing the Hylian’s voice. Check out the full interview here.

As a North American, what work did you do to develop Zelda’s British accent in the game?

Prior to this game I studied in London for a Masters of Classical Acting. I’ve used RP (received pronunciation) onstage in performances such as Equus and various Pinter Plays while in London, and snippets in games, etc. Ironically, my British friend who I studied with in the UK was living in LA and helped me prepare for my Breath of the Wild audition. What I auditioned with was approved before the recording began.

Source


Filed under: Nintendo, Switch Tagged: nintendo switch, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Voice Actress

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. By using Blogtrottr, you agree to our polices, terms and conditions.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment